Skin Care Tips – Keep It Simple
September is National Skin Care Awareness Month. Dr. Timani knows that people are looking for solutions to establish a daily facial skin care routine as well as resolve individual problems. Some questions may deal with specific skin conditions such as wrinkle reduction, psoriasis or rosacea. Other questions may go beyond recommendations for skin care products, as there are so many expensive products all promising the fountain of youth, or cosmetic dermatology treatments. Some questions may just need a practical, common sense tip.
Dr. Timani’s Simple Daily Skin Care Regimen
Dr. Timani’s recommends implementing a simple daily skin care regimen with minimal steps. However, every patients’ skin is unique, so Dr. Timani advocates routines that are developed according to skin type, age, ethnicity, specific problem areas, and health goals of each individual patient. Dr. Timani also only suggests products that have been tested thoroughly, and that have proven results. Depending on your skin care objective, the recommended products contain specialized ingredients to help address: anti-aging/facial rejuvenation; oily/acne prone skin; dry/eczema prone skin; or rosacea/redness prone skin.
What is the Recommended Daily Regimen?
• AM: Use a gentle facial cleanser designed to reduce clogged pores without drying skin’s natural oils.
• After AM Cleansing: Apply moisturizer that includes sunscreen (either tinted or invisible) and cream specifically designed for the tender eye area.
• PM: Wash face with same facial cleanser product.
• After PM Cleansing: Apply night cream containing retinoid acid (avoid eye area) and eye cream.
Other Skin Care Tips
Follow these basic preventative and maintenance skin care tips for healthy skin.
• Start preparing your skin now for colder weather by switching to a creamy cleanser.
• Keep skincare simple – don’t overuse products and layer upon layer
• Cut out crash diets – they can cause sagging, wrinkles, stretchmarks and loss of vitamins
• Eat your way to healthy skin – include foods high in vitamins, antioxidants, monosaturated fats, omega 3 and 6 fats, protein, fiber and 5 vegies/fruits a day
• Wear sunscreen daily
• Get your glow on – exfoliate
• Avoid too much sodium – it can make you puffy
• Incorporate exercise into your personal health plan
• Enlist the help of facial treatments – chemical peels and microdermabrasion exfoliate and brighten so your products work more effectively
• Do not smoke. Nuff said.
If you’re ready to focus on achieving healthy looking skin, schedule an appointment with Dr. Timani at Johns Creek Dermatology, serving communities in Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Cumming, Suwanee, south Forsyth and north Fulton county areas. It’s time to take control of your facial cleansing routine!