There are many facial rejuvenation solutions available today to help you reverse the signs of aging and restore a more youthful appearance. Most of the non-surgical options, including the vast majority of dermal fillers, only offer a temporary result and require regular touch up treatments to maintain the desired look. If you prefer a filler that provides longer lasting results, you may want to consider Bellafill®. Bellafill® is a semi-permanent injectable filler that adds volume and smooths wrinkles. It’s also beneficial to minimize “smile lines” as well as acne scars on the cheeks. The treatment is non-absorbable, which means it lasts longer than other injectables.
Bellafill® is the first and only FDA approved wrinkle filler that provides permanent support to the skin for wrinkle correction that lasts as long as five years. The best way to determine if Bellafill® is right for you is to consult with Shereen Timani, M.D. at Johns Creek Dermatology and Family Medicine.
Why Choose Bellafill®?
- Long lasting, natural looking results for up to 5 years
- Results are seen immediately
- Minimally invasive procedure with no downtime
- Unique collagen microspheres provide a smoother suspension
- Integrates with skin to encourage renewal of your own natural collagen
- Clinically proven to be extremely safe
How Does Bellafill Work?
Over time, the skin loses collagen which causes aging. Bellafill® stimulates collagen growth and re-creates a firm structure of the skin by supporting the production of the body’s own collagen.
- Smile Lines: Bellafill® is a unique, injectable collagen filler with microspheres that can smooth facial wrinkles especially smile lines. The results are beautiful and natural-looking.
- Acne Scars: Helps fade acne scars by adding volume. Results and length of retention vary from patient to patient.
How Long Does it Last?
This treatment is a non-absorbable, FDA approved, dermal filler that can last up to five years. Prior to injection, there is a required skin test which identifies patients who may have an allergy to lidocaine or bovine collagen.
Aftercare and Recovery
The procedure takes approximately 15 minutes to perform, with little-to-no downtime. Common side effects include those usually associated with injections such as slight pain, tenderness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, and bumps around the injection site.
Each patient is unique; therefore, results may vary.
To learn more about how Bellafill® or other injectables can improve your appearance, schedule an appointment with Dr. Timani at Johns Creek Dermatology today. Our office serves patients throughout north Atlanta, including the surrounding areas of Milton, Roswell, Johns Creek, and Alpharetta.